Friday, February 27, 2009

No Surprise

UNCG 49 - Davidson 70

News & Record
Charlotte Observer
UNCG Athletics
Davidson Athletics
View From Press Row (DC Athletics Blog)

I've spent the better part of this entire week in bed sick. I don't really know how you get vertigo from a sinus infection, but it happened to me. While the Spartans were playing the Wildcats, I was trying to be as still as possible to make the room stop spinning.

Somehow, though, I still believe I had more fun than UNCG Wednesday night.

Stephen Curry scored 20 points, had 10 rebounds and 5 assists. I join fans from around the SoCon in hoping that Mr. Curry has a wonderful NBA career ... that starts very, very soon.

As for UNCG, Kendall Toney scored 15 points and Ben Stywall pulled in 7 rebounds. Coach Mike Dement went with the Eargle/Jackson/Spooner/Hardiman/Bone starting lineup for this game. Meaning that UNCG has basically started almost every possible combination this season. However, G found itself down 36-18 and it was lights out at that point.

0 comments: