Saturday, January 17, 2009

Road Warriors !?!

UNCG 89- Elon 72

News & Record
UNCG Athletics

Elon Athletics

I wasn't able to watch a single minute of the game due to my wife wanting to go see a movie. By the way, I enjoyed the new Daniel Craig movie, Defiance, a lot more than I would have figured. But, of course, while I'm out UNCG destroys Elon. Have no fear Spartan fans, I'm leaving for south Florida early Wednesday morning and I'll miss the next two UNCG games. Maybe by the time I get back next Sunday I can put links up for two more UNCG wins.

In the meantime, I'll note some things that jump off the stat sheet at me.
- All five starters scored in double figures. UNCG shot 58.9 % from the field and 50% (7-14) from 3 point range.
- Rebounds: UNCG 37 - Elon 25.
- 11 UNCG turnovers.
- UNCG outscored Elon 50-38 in the second half. With all of the problems the Spartans have had in the second half of games this year, it's really nice to see that in the box score.
- After losing 10 straight games, UNCG has won 2 of its last 3. Now if they could just start winning home games.

0 comments: