Friday, April 3, 2009

Model of Inefficiency

I've made it a habit of not veering off course with this blog. I talk about UNCG basketball, Southern Conference basketball and college basketball in general.

However, I couldn't help but make a post that deals with this Winston-Salem Journal story. The newly renamed Winston-Salem Dash (Class A - Chicago White Sox) are in the process of building a beautiful new stadium right beside of Business 40 in downtown Winston-Salem (my hometown and current city of residence).

The stadium was supposed to be ready by their opening day, April 23. However, the stadium really only appears to be about half finished as of right now (April 3). I'm really thinking that this whole situation is going to go down in the encyclopedia under "what not to do when building a stadium". It looks like there is plenty of blame to be spread around. Either way, it's ridiculous and the public is the big loser here.

0 comments: