Thursday, January 19, 2012

UNCG Gets Some Good Press

I don't remember if I've said it here in the blog, but the Chattanooga Times-Free Press does probably the best job of covering all of the SoCon basketball teams. UTC's beat writer, David Uchiyama, is very plugged into what is happening all around the conference. So, If you're ever in need of some UNCG news, you can usually find some articles there.

Having said that, there is a very good article posted about the UNCG coaching transition. I thought the comments by Korey Van Dussen and Trevis Simpson about the mid season change to Wes Miller were interesting. They are the kind of comments that I would expect and part of the reason why I wasn't a huge fan of making the move in the middle of the year. However, I think it also speaks to the tremendous job that Miller has done to not only keep this team together, but to get the guys to buy into the program for the rest of the season.

There is also a preview article for tonight's game posted at the Time-Free Press.

0 comments: